Sunday, December 6, 2009

Back from Field

I am sorry that this post is late. I have found that in this class and technology my blogs are what I forget. Well I am glad to be seeing the end of the semester if only for a break! I will miss my classes from this semester, but we just keep moving forward!
I really want to thank those who are in charge of setting up our field experiences. I loved the class I was in. I learned so many things and was reminded of things that I had forgotten, like why we were really doing all of this homework! Being in field gave me a renewed sense of excitement to do my best because I know why I am doing all of this. It is all about helping those kids. My cooperating teacher was really nice and lenient with us. She allowed us to do all we could. I have to say I see why things are getting left behind in instruction and the classroom. There is just not enough time in the day to get everything in so something falls through the cracks! Not everyone gets the best training on how to combine several subjects into one lesson plan. I learned some things not to do. I learned some things I need to work harder at. I need to remember to give positive praise more often. I learned that your heart can break about leaving kids after just three weeks. It was an amazing field.

No comments:

Post a Comment