Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Education with Drama

Well I must say that I guess I didn't quite understand the application of drama. I didn't understand at least the extent of it's use in our lesson plans. I feel a little like I wasn't given a good foundation of where to start from. This was our first lesson plan and it was overwhelming. I didn't feel like we received feedback in a way that makes me want to do it all again in a week. I enjoy drama and the activities we did in class. I just felt like the assignment was thrown at us. We can read about it online, but I like having an explanation beforehand of what is expected verbally and even on the day it was due things were mentioned like oh this is how it should have been done or you should have done this. I enjoy seeing the different things people come up with, however I felt it was a little monotenous sitting through all of them. I apologize if this offends. I just really felt like I was thrown in the water and told to swim without me knowing beforehand how to. I also still feel a little lost.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your candor - no offense taken - we're all learning, and we all learn differently. I will try to allow for more time for questions as well as instructions on assignments. I keep hearing this semester is overwhelming, and will try to avoid contributing to that too much. I'm glad you have enjoyed many of the class activities.

    ReplyDelete