Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Teaching in, with, and through the Arts

When I first began reading the chapters for this section I said, "Wow! Someone has taken my thoughts and put them into words." I was really excited to learn about this and apply it later in my class. I think that it is important to teach the curriculum, but there are so many ways to incorporate the arts in our teaching. It is a continual process to integrate them when there has been so much talk about cutting the musical and arts programs and funding we have currently. However through the different activities we have done in class I am beginning to see ways I can start in my future class. I do not know exactly where I will be when I am done here. It might be a school with little to no interest in teaching with the arts. However I know that I will be doing my best to help the kids in my class have these creative ways of learning. I am overwhelmed by the ELED program so far. But I know if I keep going and doing my assignments as I get them I can finish and give some children the best start they can in their lives. I can help them believe they are smart and that they can do anything. That is what the arts in my life have helped me do; believe in ME!

1 comment: